Thursday, September 22, 2011

Trafficageddon In Louisville, Kentucky

@UCantCrossMe


I bridge together two states normally, but now that I have some spare time... I'm gonna make fun of you all on the Twitter machine.

OK, I used to live in Louisville, Kentucky, which normally is a beautiful, vibrant, fun city with equally beautiful, vibrant, fun people living there.  However, this bridge--the Sherman Minton Bridge, which is the I-64 span over the Ohio River, has been closed down by Indiana Govenor Mitch "My Man Mitch" Daniels for an indefinite period of time due to the discovery of cracks in support beams of the bridge.

This has created traffic tie-ups of monumental proportions on all of the major arteries of Louisville and Kentuckiana (Jeffersonville, New Albany, and Clarksville, IN). Media advise residents to leave for destinations at least two hours ahead of the time they need to be there. A ferry service has even been started to try and ease some of the congestion on the major roads.

Lots of S-M Bridge Twitter feeds have popped up in the meantime, and this one is just downright hilarious.  It is supposedly (!) the bridge's Twitter feed.  Even if you are not familiar with the area, the tweets will make you LOL.  Enjoy and let me know what you think--and don't forget to pre-pee!




No comments:

Post a Comment