Monday, October 3, 2011

Battle Hymn of the Republic


I finished "Battle Hymn of the Republic" by Little House Needleworks on Saturday 10/1.  There are so many things I love about this design.  First of all, the "instant antique" look that so many LHN designs give you when you finish them.  The hand-dyed linen that the design is stitched on is so great looking.  Plus, this song was sung/played at my high school graduation by the choir, band and orchestra, and I have loved it so much from that point onward.

Stitching this was a hoot!  Somewhere in the stitching process, I got off one square.  Those of you who do counted cross stitch understand this, but being off just one square usually throws off the whole design.  As a matter of fact, I had to frog multiple times on the two leaves on each side of the urn with the flags because something I had previously stitched was off (I am guessing I was one square off on the urn).  I studied this thing until I found a way to adjust it until the leaves looked good and were identical on both sides of the urn.  If you're going to put that much time and love into stitching something, you want it to look good!

To see more great LHN designs:  Little House Needleworks

No comments:

Post a Comment