Thursday, October 6, 2011

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's here!  I was lucky enough to find a copy of the Just Cross Stitch 2011 Christmas Ornaments issue in Lafayette at a local supermarket.  Usually I order from my friends at House of Stitches in LaPorte, IN, but I was thrilled to get it locally and save on shipping.

No "wowza" designs in this issue, IMO, but there are two I am going to have to stitch; "Joy" by Blackbird Designs and "Always In My Heart" by My Big Toe Designs.  And I will have to say, the recipes that the designers share in this issue are among the best ever--and I have the Christmas ornament issues back to the early 2000's.

One other thing I noticed is variety.  The ornaments for the most part all have stitches other than the basic "x"--Smyrna cross stitches, Rhodes stitches, hardanger stitches, needle weaving stitches, you name it.  The finishing ideas for the ornaments are just so unique and very creative.  I am going to have to do some research and get myself up to date on all the latest finishing ideas.  Still need to learn how to do my own cording from embroidery floss; I love that look!

PS) I am taking donations for the Belle Soie silk fibers I need for one of the ornaments.  I have heard that they are wonderful to work with; they had better be for $7.50 a skein! OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment