Thursday, October 6, 2011

Rest In Peace, Aunt Jo

Jo Ann Hardy Harlow, 69

Today, October 6, 2011, Jo Ann Hardy Harlow was laid to rest in Sugar Grove Cemetery, Tippecanoe County, Indiana.  Sugar Grove would be a lovely place to spend eternity.  It is located on top of an Indian mound in far southern Tippecanoe County.  I believe you can see Montgomery and Fountain Counties from the top of that mound.  I believe you can see forever from the top of that mound.  It is a beautiful, peaceful place.

Aunt Jo--technically my ex-husband's aunt--was one of my favorite people in the world.  She was intelligent, creative, no-nonsense, a straight shooter, maybe a bit rough around the edges (probably from being married to my ex-husband's uncle); but she had a heart of gold.  She liked me, too, so maybe that had something to do with it :-) She raised three great kids and had four grandchildren to spoil and enjoy as her life progressed from chapter to chapter.

I'll always remember Aunt Jo in her prime, which meant a cigarette in one hand and a bottle of Pepsi (remember those glass bottles?) in the other.

Rest well, Aunt Jo, and I'll see you again sometime.  You are in a good place now, with no more pain.
 
Aunt Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment