Monday, October 31, 2011

A Trick Or Treat Message From Me...

(getting up onto my soapbox)

Halloween is a fun holiday for me.  I can't wait for it to get dark each October 31 so that I can switch on my outside light and wait for all the cute ghosts and goblins to knock on my door and yell "trick or treat", "guess what I am", "hi", or whatever comes into their tiny little heads at that moment.

However, please note:  if you are in middle school, you are TOO DAMN OLD to be trick or treating.  You may think you are being funny and cute, but you're not.  Trick or treat, in my opinion, is for the little ones.  It is a rite of passage just like you had once.

I've got nothing against you dressing in a costume and having a good time.  Why don't you stay home and help your mom pass out Halloween treats?  Or, better yet, have a costume party with your friends.  Just leave the actual door to door trick or treating to the little ones who will someday follow in your footsteps and will need a good example to follow.

It's awkward and it's hard to leave that part of your life behind; I certainly understand that.  But it's also the right thing to do.

(stepping off my soapbox now)

No comments:

Post a Comment