Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Gift of Thanksgiving

"Butternut Farm"

One of my favorite artists ever is Charles Wysocki.  The painting above is entitled "Butternut Farm" and the minute details and warm, autumn colors won me over the first time I ever laid eyes on this composition.

Wysocki (1928-2002) was a commercial artist who worked on his Americana/primitive style of painting in his spare time, according to his website.  Eventually, his primitive painting style proved to be so popular that he was able to leave the commercial world and focus entirely on his favorite styles.  We should all be so lucky as to be able to create a career out of something we love to do!

I never had children, so I missed out on the "Where's Waldo?" craze.  But I think I would have loved those books and illustrations, all the tiny, important details and the lines for the eyes to follow.  Charles Wysocki's artwork, to me, is kind of a "Where's Waldo?" for grownups.

No comments:

Post a Comment