Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Great Songs For Christmas: "Christmas Dreaming (A Little Early This Year)"

This is one of my all-time FAVORITE Christmas songs, and I am tickled pink that I was able to find a link to the Dick Haymes version, which is the first version I ever heard of this song.  I have found wonderful covers of it by Frank Sinatra and Harry Connick, Jr., but this one remains my favorite.

Dick Haymes was a big band singer and actor, also working in radio during the 1940's and 1950's.  I remember seeing him in the 1945 version of the musical "State Fair".  His voice was perfectly suited for this song; it is pretty darned dreamy, if you ask me.

A little secret:  I have always wanted to dance to this song with someone special.  A perfect Christmas slow dance by the Christmas tree.  I hope you enjoy this song as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment