Monday, December 5, 2011

12/3/11--Round Cherokee Pattern Basket


Here is my last basket of the Fall 2011 season of classes--a Round Cherokee Pattern Basket!  It is so lovely and the crosses "pop" in such a subtle manner.  Such a great addition to my holiday decor, too!

The other students in the class chose to make their baskets with the green reed and natural reed where I used the wine reed.  Those baskets were great and the crosses really "popped"; they were striking.  This was my first real color study, and I think it turned out really well.

This was also my first experience with wrapped handles.  Not hard at all to do, but making them stay in place while lashing the rim onto the basket was a different story entirely.  But I got everything to stay where it was supposed to stay and it looks great.

Sad that the fall schedule of basketmaking classes is over, but I am so looking forward to the spring schedule!  And, a new basketmaking shop has opened in West Lafayette, so I am also looking forward to exploring it and seeing what they offer in the way of classes.  It will be so nice to have supplies close by!

No comments:

Post a Comment