Tuesday, December 27, 2011

First Draft, My 2012 Resolutions

Yes, I believe in resolutions for the coming New Year and try very hard to stick with them.  I unintentionally stuck with one halfway through 2011; I did lose about 25-30 pounds by starting to exercise each day (30 minutes of walking) and being smarter about portion sizes when eating.  I have fallen out of the habit a bit, so guess what's going on the 2012 list?

This is my first draft for the coming year.  A lot of ideas have been floating around in my head and I want to get them on paper (so to speak) so I can be held accountable :-) :

  • Start incorporating exercise back into my daily activities
  • Rein myself in on my eating habits
  • Dr. Preuss, I promise to start flossing daily :-)
  • Make a dent in the Visa card balance
  • Continue to be a smarter shopper
  • Continue my creative journey--keep doing the things I enjoy, discover new outlets
  • Finish home improvement projects as finances allow
  • Look for the joy in every single day, because it's there if you do look for it
  • Keep in touch with friends--new ones, long time ones, ones I don't know I have yet
  • Give back
  • Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle
Seems like a long list--but they are all doable to me. Happy 2012 to you and enjoy the blessings, the small things, because some day you will look back and realize they really were the big things.

No comments:

Post a Comment