Thursday, December 1, 2011

Great Songs For Christmas: "Milk and Cookies"


This is an absolutely charming Christmas song about the arrival of Santa Claus as seen through the eyes of a five-year old boy.  Clint Black's voice and the bright, bouncy music give this song the perfect sense of frenzy and orneriness and I can see a little guy vividly in my mind's eye, being ready to burst at the excitement of Santa's big visit.

On a side note, I just want to say right here and now that I think teachers at holiday time and at the time of the first snow have THE most difficult job in the entire world.  If all that excitement and enthusiasm could somehow be captured and corralled, they could power the world for years to come.

I hope that listening to this song recreates that childhood feeling of magic and excitement for you.

1 comment: