Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The List Is Getting Longer...

Good grief, today is December 14.  Christmas Day is less than two weeks away!  Where in the heck does the time go?  It most certainly flies out the door when you are not looking, I think, as you become older.

And just to think that last Saturday, I was busy patting myself on the back because I had only one present left to buy.  I even have the stockings (nine of them!) done and everything wrapped.  Fast forward four days and I seem to have fallen off the organization wagon.

Wonderful neighbors have been dropping off plates of cookies with their Christmas wishes.  I love and appreciate all of them and need to add baking to the list for the next few days so I can return the good wishes.  Maple Street is a pretty wonderful street to live on!

My "victim" in the family Christmas present drawing is the one gift I have left to buy.  I need to hop on a few websites today and check some of my gift ideas.  Thank goodness I already have some things in mind.  Also need to check in with Mom on the price limit for gift buying so I don't go overboard like usual :-)

Christmas parties and social obligations are also starting to crowd my list.  I really did want to do a better job this year of working these things out in the most stressfree manner possible.  Oh, well, Christmas comes but once a year.  I hope my friends and family know how much I really do love and cherish them.

Lastly, I need some "me" time.  Time to do the things I want to do.  Time to reflect on the true meaning of the season.  Time to be with the people who make my life whole.  Time to remember Christmases past and the people who made them special.  Time to rekindle the fires within and get ready for another wonderful year of life.

The list is getting longer, but all of a sudden, I don't mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment