Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Great Songs For Valentine's Day: "Be Careful, It's My Heart"


Once again, I'm subjecting you to my love for the movie "Holiday Inn", starring Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire and featuring the wonderful music and lyrics of the great Irving Berlin.

There are many songs that are way too catchy and fun to sing along with in this movie.  "Be Careful, It's My Heart" is one of them.  As you can see in the photo above, Twinkletoes succeeds in swiping Bing's gal from him on Valentine's Day.  But don't fear; it doesn't end that way.

I hope you enjoy this song as much as I like it.

Sweetheart of mine, I've sent you a Valentine
Sweetheart of mine, it's more than a Valentine

Be careful, it's my heart
It's not my watch you're holding, it's my heart

It's not the note I sent you
That you quickly burned
It's not the book I lent you
That you never returned

Remember, it's my heart
The heart with which so willingly I part

It's yours to take, to keep or break
But please, before you start
Be careful, it's my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment