Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sunshine On My Shoulders

If I had a day that I could give you
I'd give to you a day just like today

Sunshine On My Shoulders lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc.

It's very early in the New Year of 2012 in Lafayette, Indiana as I write this post; January 3, to be exact.  The arctic, nose-hair-freezing chill of winter has finally come to visit us (although it's not staying very long according to the weatherman this morning), but sunshine is abundant today.

I am sitting at my desk with my back to my south-facing window.  I am the luckiest person in the entire building this time of year, because the sun is at such an angle that it shines through my window and warms my shoulders, arms and hands.

My houseplant in the window also is loving this bright, happy day.  As a matter of fact, he/she is not lonely because other houseplants that reside in this building find their way to the window in Room 155 so that they can soak up some winter sunshine.

What a gift in early January of any year!  The cold winds blow and the snow falls gently to earth, but days when the sun shines--and shines so brightly and warmly on my back--are a reminder that we must endure the cold, dark winter days before the bright, warm days make their way back to us in the spring and summer.

The warm rays of the sun may create glare on my computer screen and I may even go home tonight with a bit of a headache from that glare, but BIG DEAL.  I intend to fully enjoy each day of the next few months that gives me the glorious sunshine on my shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment