Friday, February 24, 2012

2/23/12--Round Melon Basket


Here it is, as promised--the Round Melon Basket that I made last night at basket class at the Morton Community Center in West Lafayette with Bev Larson teaching.  I can say that this is one of the easiest baskets I have ever woven--once I started "listening" to the reed talking to me and letting me know where it needed to go :-)  The variegated, or space-dyed, reed--blues and greens--also made every spoke an adventure as far as knowing what the finished project would actually look like.

Basket class was the first chance literally in a month that I have had time to relax and it was nice.  It was hard to get going because of my nerves and depression, and my hands were actually shaking; but I think that was because I had had too much caffeine yesterday :-)

It was nice to get back into the basketmaking groove again.  No matter how tough things get, it's always a blessing to have old "friends" to fall back on.

No comments:

Post a Comment