Wednesday, March 21, 2012

My Daisy Wreath (Idea via Pinterest)


Here is a snapshot of the wreath that currently graces my front door.  I got the original idea from Pinterest and adapted it to the materials I was able to find at my local Jo-Ann Fabrics store.

The materials list for this wreath includes:
  • Lion brand "Fun Fur" yarn (I only needed one skein)
  • 12" green foam wreath form
  • One yard of daisy trim (the Pinterest original was pink centers, but all I found was yellow centers
  • Wide ribbon (I used floral ribbon, but in retrospect, I would spend a little more and get a more satin craft ribbon)
Take the yarn and wrap it tightly around the wreath.  This is the part that takes the longest.  I was able to secure both the beginning and ending yarn by tucking it under the wrapped parts; no glue needed for that part.  The Fun Fur yarn creates the grassy look all by itself; you just need to "foof" it up a bit as you go.

Now, take the yard of daisy trim and cut the flowers into separate single flowers.  Take glue (I used Aleene's Tacky Glue) and put a small dot on the back of each flower, then glue it wherever you want on the wreath.

Lastly, cut a length of the ribbon (I cut a 2 yard length; better too much than too little!) and tie a loop with bow to hang.  I found a clear acrylic wreath hanger at Old Time Pottery for $.79 and bought it; it shows off the bow much better.

I made this wreath during the Purdue-St. Mary's men's basketball game on Friday 3/16.  I had it finished and on the door by halftime.  That's how quick it goes together!

If you try it, enjoy it!  This is one of those projects that looks great when it is finished and you didn't have to spend a lot of time and effort and money making it look that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment