Thursday, April 5, 2012

Remembering...

For some reason the past few weeks, memories of my nephews and the things they used to say when they were tiny have flooded my brain.  It's so warm and wonderful and wistful to reflect on those days.

  • Colin used to pronounce sausage "shawshage", tractor "shracsure", Troy Aikman "Shroy Aikman"--and my very favorite, dumptruck "dumruck".
  • When Connor was in the early grades, the teacher decorated her classroom for open house with answers the kids had written in response to the question "what do you want to do when you grow up?".  All the other students wrote down things like policeman, fireman, etc.  But Connor--he wanted to wear deodorant like his dad and brothers.
  • One afternoon, my sister Kris and I were folding clothes in my parent's basement and had Chris with us.  One of us girls threw (softly) a "ball" of athletic socks at Chris and it hit him in the forehead.  What we got in return was much more than we expected; a huge, rolling baby belly laugh.  We kept it up and so did he.
Many more memories than I can post here, but all very special to me.  Sometimes, I wish they were still little; Aunt Lolo misses those days greatly.  But, it is so much fun to watch them grow and develop into young men.  Life goes on and it holds many wonderful moments for these three boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment