Thursday, May 3, 2012

Recipe: Easy Chicken Enchilada Crescent Bake


Easy Chicken Enchilada Crescent Bake

Has anyone noticed the recipe kick I seem to be on lately? :-)

Anyhoo, I was looking for enchilada recipes the other day on one of my very favorite food websites--www.tasteofhome.com--and found a recipe for Easy Chicken Enchilada Crescent Bake that I thought sounded 1) really yummy and 2) inexpensive on the wallet in the grocery store, so I pinned it to my Pinterest board titled "Food, Glorious Food".

Much to my complete surprise, it was repinned 24 times in less than an hour after I had pinned it.  So there must be lots of folks out there looking for good, healthy, inexpensive meal-at-home options.  Even though I haven't made it yet, I am going to soon.

Here is the recipe.  Try it out and let me know how it turns out for you:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 2 C shredded cooked chicken
  • 1-10 oz can red enchilada sauce
  • 2-8 oz cans (each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls (Pillsbury also makes a refrigerated "Crescent Recipe Creations" seamless dough sheet that might be worth a try)
  • 1 1/4 C (5 oz) shredded Mexican cheese blend 
DIRECTIONS:
  • In 2 qt saucepan, mix chicken and 1/2 C enchilada sauce.  Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
  • Separate or cut dough into 8 long rectangles (if using crescent rolls, press perforations to seal).  Spoon chicken mixture and 1 T cheese onto one long side of each rectangle.  Roll up; pinch edges to seal.  Place seam side down in 13" x 9" (3 qt) glass baking dish.  Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
  • Bake at 375 degrees 15-20 minutes.
YIELD: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment