2 sticks unsalted butter
1 C sugar
2 t vanilla
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t baking powder
3/4 t cream of tartar
3/4 t nutmeg
1 1/4 c sour cream
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour
- Sugar mixture for rolling: 1/2 c sugar, 1 T cinnamon mixed together in a bowl
- Lightly grease 12-14 muffin cups in a muffin tin.
- Cream butter and sugar until soft, 3-5 min. Add vanilla. Add eggs one at a time and mix till each is incorporated.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
- Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to egg-butter mixture . Start with flour and end with flour. Scrape bowl occasionally.
- Using ice cream scoop, scoop muffin batter one at a time and drop into cinnamon/sugar mixture in bowl. Roll muffin around in mixture until it is covered completely. Place muffin into muffin tin. Bake 20-22 min at 350 degrees F or until golden brown.
Enjoy--and let me know what you think and how they turn out for you!