Monday, June 4, 2012

Recipe: Snickerdoodle Muffins

Snickerdoodle Muffins
At the risk of giving away my trade secrets (!), I just had to post this recipe for Snickerdoodle Muffins.  I believe, if these turn out reliably good, they will be my muffin exhibit at the county fair open show this summer.  They are gorgeous and hopefully I can find four uniform muffins for my exhibit.

My Dad is my test subject for my culinary creations, so I hope he is ready to eat because I am ready to practice! :-)

SNICKERDOODLE MUFFINS
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 C sugar
2 t vanilla
2 eggs
3/4 t baking soda
3/4 t baking powder
3/4 t cream of tartar
3/4 t nutmeg
1 1/4 c sour cream
2 1/4 c all-purpose flour  
  • Sugar mixture for rolling: 1/2 c sugar, 1 T cinnamon mixed together in a bowl
  • Lightly grease 12-14 muffin cups in a muffin tin. 
  • Cream butter and sugar until soft, 3-5 min.  Add vanilla.  Add eggs one at a time and mix till each is incorporated. 
  • In separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, cream of tartar and nutmeg. 
  • Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to egg-butter mixture .  Start with flour and end with flour.  Scrape bowl occasionally. 
  • Using ice cream scoop, scoop muffin batter one at a time and drop into cinnamon/sugar mixture in bowl.  Roll muffin around in mixture until it is covered completely.  Place muffin into muffin tin.  Bake 20-22 min at 350 degrees F or until golden brown.
Enjoy--and let me know what you think and how they turn out for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment