Wednesday, September 5, 2012

50 Year-Old Divorced Single Female

The most unwanted, rejected, ignored person in the world, without a doubt and in my humble opinion, is a single female who is divorced and at least 50 years old. Like me.

What a crock of manure.

This beautiful woman, who has life to enliven, love to spare, gifts for the world to cherish, talent to share--well, just forget it.  She's got more than enough of everything--spirit, wisdom, humor, grace, experience--that any man should ever want to have, but it's not enough for the men that happen by.

Men have it soooo good; they can still go after the 20 and 30 year-old crowd and find their trophies, untarnished by age and weight and gravity and circumstances.  All that's left for the women of my age are men harboring serious issues, which is probably the reason why they are not in relationships to begin with.  And who needs that drama, seriously?

I am beginning to believe that it is in God's plan for me to be single for the rest of my life.  I truly did believe I would be remarried by now.  How naive I was!  I still happen to believe that God is not correct in this instance (God and I are not getting along too well at this point in time, and He knows it because I have told Him so plenty of times), but I am slowly losing faith in any alternative path.

If you want to see pretty, look in a fashion magazine.  If you want to see beautiful, look in my mirror.  If you want deep, true, forever love, look to the woman who has been there and done that and knows how.

No comments:

Post a Comment