Tuesday, December 11, 2012

12/8/12--Karla's Muffin Basket



Last class of the basket making season (the new season starts in January sometime), and I think it's my favorite of the bunch; Karla's Muffin Basket.  No, I don't know who Karla is, but I love her basket!

The December 8 class was the "luck of the draw" class, at which Bev brings a whole bunch of basket kits she has preassembled and you get to pick the one you want to make.  I chose this one because 1) I don't have a basket in purple and 2) I wanted to practice the technique of making the basket go up and flare and stay round--which, I am convinced, is all in the first three rows of weaving you do.

This one turned out beautifully, and I hope you like it as much as I do.  It was tasked to be a muffin basket, but right now mine is holding a potted poinsettia at my house because it is the perfect size for that, too.  I think after Christmas is over and the decorations are put away, it will be doing duty in the kitchen as a "corral" for my collection of pill bottles.  It is just the right size for that, too!

Come to think of it, I might have to go to my basketmaking supply source and order some materials to make this basket again.  It is of the perfect size and cuteness factor for a gift or two or three!

No comments:

Post a Comment