Thursday, January 3, 2013

Recipe--Traci's Cheesy Floret Soup

Christmas Eve Day 2012 found me in the local grocery store getting some ham at the deli and a half-gallon of milk in preparation for a "blizzard" that every meteorologist in the universe was calling for on December 26.  Well, what they call a blizzard and what I call a blizzard (note:  I lived through the Blizzard of 1978) are two completely different things as it turns out, but I digress.

I don't know what it is about snow, but everytime the forecast calls for 2 inches or more, I get the urge to make a big old pot of soup.  One of my favorite recipes made me sidetrack to the produce department for the fixins for Traci's Cheesy Floret Soup.  "Traci" is Traci Bratton, the owner of Walnut Street Traditions in Lafayette, who loves to share yummy recipes in her e-newsletters from the shop.

It's easy and it's yummy; you can't ask for more than that.  Here it is:

TRACI'S CHEESY FLORET SOUP

3 C fresh broccoli florets
3 C fresh cauliflower florets
3 C diced celery
2 C water
1/2 t celery salt


In large saucepan, combine first five ingredients; bring to boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12-15 min or until veggies are tender.

3 T butter
3 T flour
2 1/3 C milk
1 lb Velveeta

In saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour till smooth. Gradually stir in milk; bring to boil; cook and stir 2 min or till thickened. Reduce heat. Add cheese; cook and stir till cheese is melted.

Drain veggies; add cheese sauce and heat through. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment