Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Autumn Is a Perfect Time for Stitching

Wow, this fall fever stuff I have is REALLY bad.  I have a crazy nesting instinct going on right now.  I want to lay food in for the winter and drag out some cozy blankets. I'm collecting crock pot recipes like a crazy woman and shopping sales for replacement batteries for all the flashlights should a power failure happen on a cranky Autumn day.

"Autumn Jumble " by The Drawn Thread

"Cinnamon Stars" by Plum Street Samplers

"Harvest Time" by The Prairie Schooler

And--of course--there's the needlework to be done.  This is the time of year I look at all the beautiful counted cross stitch designs available on the market and try to convince myself I really, REALLY don't need another one.  But you need a stash to work on during the winter, you know...

Here are a few designs I found now and through the years that bring that autumnal warmth to my heart.  Although I haven't worked any of them into my stitching rotation yet, I hope you enjoy looking at them as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment