Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Getting Rid of "Me"

This house. The one I slave over, hate and love at the same time.

It's a freaking mess. I'm sure I have told you that before. I have some strange hoarder thing that has popped up in my life, and I don't like it being there. I like nice things. I like clean things. I like order and (somewhat) routine.

You sure would not be able to guess any of those things by stepping in my front door and taking a gander at the place I call home.

Guess what? I've got some decisions to make and resolutions to make and keep.

The hoarder HAS to go. That's all there is to that. I have no room for that kind of dysfunction in my life.

I also have been hoarding some weight. I need to let go of about 40 pounds. I will look better, my clothes will fit better, and I will definitely feel better, much better. I know this because I have done it before, and I am going to do it again.

This will be the year that I will put myself back into counseling in order to grab this anxiety/depression/panic thing by the butt and kick it to the curb. I can't let it control me anymore. Can't let it keep me from doing things anymore. I need to surround myself with positive people and make more positive choices about my life.

The money management issue is going very well. I am paying down debt and saving for ME. That is definitely going to carry on throughout 2015. Going to a financial planner is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. I need to file a will and power of attorney documents, and the money monster might finally be manageable for me.

These things are not "want to's" anymore. They are "have to's". With all the guts I have in me, they WILL get done. I am hoping that 2015, my 53rd year of life, will be one I am proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment